After reading Vernon’s blog, I read a book called, “Sodium Bicarbonate: A Full Medical Review” by Dr. Sircus and “Cancer Is a Fungus” by Dr. Tullio Simocini. I find it interesting that Dr. Simoncini’s book is no longer available through Amazon or Ebay’s half.com — you can still get Cancer Is a Fungus through Dr. Simoncini’s website.
Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda) and pH Medicine – Dr. Sircus
What is Body pH
Body pH measures the number of hydrogen ions in solution within the body. Most doctors don’t measure body pH. As a matter of fact, I mentioned body pH to a doctor once and he told me body pH effecting health was a myth.
An acidic pH has a low ability to attract hydrogen ions, while an alkaline solution has a high ability to attract hydrogen ions. “p” stands for potential and “H” stands for Hydrogen; henceforth, the potential of the body to attract hydrogen ions to secure balance and health.
When you measure your urine pH – you are going to see if your diet (food and drinks) are alkaline or acidic. Urine pH changes much more quickly than body pH and it does not give you an overall view of your body pH.
The best way to measure your body pH is to take a saliva pH measurement each morning before taking anything to drink and before brushing your teeth. Even water will effect a pH reading.
You can take pH measurements throughout the day but make sure it has been 1-2 hours since you have had anything to eat or drink, including water.
When we first measured pH, my son and I were very sick and my husband and daughter were only showing mild symptoms of mold illness. Our pH measurements were very reflective of our health. My son, who was the most visibly sick was 4.5-4.75; I was 5.0-5.25; my husband and daughter were between 6.75 and 7.0. A healthy person should have a pH of 7.36.
How To Test Body pH
I tried several pH strips – starting with a trip to my local swimming pool and pet store – in my experience, these strips did not have the range or the accuracy needed for testing pH.
When local stores did not have what I needed, I bought a few different pH strips from Amazon and Phinex pH strips for saliva and urine are the ones I found to be the easiest to read and use.
We kept a journal recording our morning pH and any other body pH readings we took throughout the day. We also recorded what we ate, drank and any supplementing with baking soda that we were doing. If we were doing anything else to help with detoxing, we recorded that too. By making accurate records of your efforts to raise body pH you can look back and see what is working and not working.
Why Measure and (Attempt to) Raise Body pH?
Cancer thrives in an acidic body and cannot survive in a body with 7.36 pH.
Chronically ill people tend to have low to VERY LOW body pH.
Raising your body pH will make it very difficult for whatever toxin, pathogen or infection that is negatively affecting your body to survive.
When you are truly well… your pH will stay at around 7.35 to 7.40 without any effort.
How To Raise Body pH
- Eat and drink Alkaline – Here is a video that goes over the foods and drinks you need to alkalize your body with diet. It can be done. It takes discipline and you can change your pH with diet alone.
- Supplement with Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp in 4 oz of water, up to 7 times daily for up to 10 days of a time. Continue to check your pH levels throughout the day (away from food, drink or supplements) and especially every morning upon waking.
- Detox, detox, detox! As we worked on detox and healthy living, pH naturally went up. As we discovered infections and pathogens our bodies were harboring, our pH has been moving toward that healthy pH of 7.36
- Cleaning the air you breathe – Toxins that can be in the air can bring pH down so it makes sense that clean air helps us to keep our pH in that healthy range. We have had many people tell us that their pH and their health improves using Hi Tech to clean the air.
- Raising the pH of your water – I tried Kangen water for 10 days and I felt great when I was drinking it. Kangen is a high pH water created by running it through a machine. This machine is quite expensive ($4-$6K) but if there is someone near you with a Kangen machine, they may be willing to give you water to try. There are other ways to raise the pH of water. Recently, I have been looking at alkaline water bottles that raise the pH of water and I would really like to try it… but I haven’t yet.
I did a ton of research and did not move forward until completely comfortable with self treatment. Reading one blog and giving a treatment a “try” without educating yourself can be dangerous.
Even with all the reading and research I did on Body pH, I had one day that I thought I was going to have to go to the ER because my electrolytes were so far out of balance. I took too much baking soda at one time and I was sick to my stomach, dizzy and near passing out. I learned to go slow and be careful.
There is a mineral balance in the body that must be maintained and that things like infections, toxin overload and heavy metal toxicity can upset this balance with or without supplementation.
Electrolytes exist in the form of calcium, chlorine, magnesium, phosphate, potassium, and sodium
Baking soda is “Sodium” Bicarbonate and taking too much sodium can put you in a state of electrolyte imbalance.
If your electrolytes are imbalanced, you may experience muscle spasm, weakness, twitching, convulsions, irregular heartbeat, confusion, blood pressure changes, nervous system, bone disorders, weak or twitching of the muscles, numbness, or fatigue. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, re-evaluate what you are doing.
When I took too much baking soda, I was able to turn around that awful feeling I got by supplementing with potassium. Make sure you have some on hand, just in case.
And everyone with chronic illness should be supplementing magnesium… yes, everyone.
All this talk about alkalizing the body…
If you are drinking baking soda, or taking alkalized water… you are neutralizing stomach acid.
When I was alkalizing I would
- Never drink alkalized water or baking soda right before eating
- Take Betaine Hydrochloride (HCL) supplement and/or digestive enzymes
- Take some kind of good probiotic to replenish good flora