After we remediated our home, and before we found Hi Tech, I was so sensitive to mold that I felt mold on a lot of things and in a lot of places. My face would burn and I would get sick to my stomach. I would feel brain fog and have no energy.
I would obsess about stopping mold from cross-contaminating my home because I was afraid we would get sick again… and I was afraid of losing our home again.
Papers, people, clothes and books were easily contaminated from moldy buildings and my skin would burn from the toxins on these items when they would come into my home. Sometimes I would stay sick for days or weeks before I would figure out we had brought in something moldy and once we found it I would put it onto the porch and clean obsessively.
Our remediation was expensive and we were not able to live in our home when it was being done… that took over 10 months. I was afraid our house would make me sick again if it ever got cross-contaminated we’d wind up homeless again.
These are some of the extreme things I would do before I got Hi Tech:
- Everything was cleaned with 50/50 spray ammonia, including walls, ceilings, floors & stuff.
- All mail went directly in Ziploc bags and stayed there until I could look at it outside
- No cardboard, paper or books were allowed in the house, unless it was enclosed in plastic: plastic bags, plastic tubs, plastic tubs in plastic bags, some things would be in multiple bags & tubs because I would feel the toxins through the plastic.
- Clothing, sheets and blankets went in space bags
- I did not want people to visit who lived in moldy places (this included good friends and family) If people did come over and I was reacting to them, I had to clean the whole house and often times I was sick for days or weeks. I would meet people outside the door instead of inviting them in to avoid cross-contamination
- School work, book bags, shoes and other things that were suspected to be moldy had to stay on the porch. If they wound up in the house (because kids need to do homework) it meant a lot of cleaning later.
- I would ozone the kids bedrooms, while they were at school, then clean every surface with ammonia.
- Appliances and Electronics had to be opened and cleaned with ammonia, regularly. The inside of TV’s and computers would hold onto dust and I would react to them.
- Cleaning made me sick, so sometimes, when I could afford it, I would hire cleaning people who would agree to clean with ammonia and follow my strict cleaning rules.
- Clothes were washed in 1-2 cups of ammonia
- I had to go out with the dog for 2-4 hours a week to ozone the house
- I had 5 an IQ Air, 2 Austin Air Healthmates, a Purifan, a propolis diffuser and an essential oil diffuser. The HEPA filters made me feel worse when they were on, so I kept them in the closet. The propolis diffuser would work on one room… so I kept it in my bedroom.
Since I started using Hi Tech to clean my indoor air… I don’t have to go to extremes to stay mold-free. I have one Hi Tech 101 for my 1,344 square foot home and I don’t get sick from stuff that comes into our home. The Hi Tech cleans air and surfaces. I don’t obsess about mold anymore because my Hi Tech takes care of any possible cross-contamination.
- My life has gone back to normal
- I don’t use ozone anymore
- We have friends and family over whenever we want
- I clean with all-natural cleaners – no more ammonia
- We have books again
- Mail gets put in a shoe box until it is dealt with
- Important papers are in a file cabinet – no more Ziploc bags
- Hi Tech quietly cleans the air 24/7
- I change the filter every 3 months and the reactor pads and bulbs once a year
I’m so happy and grateful my Hi Tech makes it so I don’t obsess about mold anymore!
Anyone who is concerned that mold may be making them sick… contact me for support and advice.
We got well by getting away from the exposure and with natural supplements.
If you are sick and you are not concerned about mold, you should be.
I have talked to many professionals over the years who believe that 100% of heart disease and cancer are mold related. Mold causes thick blood which can cause many other issues… and mold suppresses the immune system, making it possible for the body to catch anything that is in the air.
Clean your air. Look into the Hi Tech air reactors. It’s a whole house portable air cleaning system based on the square footage of a home or building. There are payment plans if you need them. It’s a major purchase. I would say it’s the best investment I have ever made.
I have finally found something that is working to keep the air clean.
Love to you if you have struggled with toxic mold. I hate to see sickness and struggles with health… and you may be missing an important part of the picture.
Indoor Air Quality… or lack of it can make people and pets very, very sick. May you live a long and healthy life.