I just watched a Facebook Live video with Shemane Nugent – and she is fabulous to be spreading the word about how dangerous toxic mold is.
In it, she said that it costs about $1,000 to test for mold in a building.
The HERTSMI test checks for the DNA of mold in dust.
Why look for mold in dust?
Dust is an accumulation of the particles that fell out of the air. What we find in dust, used to be in our air. When we test the dust for mold we are getting a better look at what was in the air over time.
Many mold inspectors recommend air testing – and they charge anywhere from $500-$1000 and sometimes much more to do an inspection.
What they don’t tell you is that testing the air is a snap shot in time and is not always conclusive when it comes to figuring out if a building has an indoor air quality problem that could be making someone sick.
Dr. Ritchie Shoemaker came up with a scorecard to use with HERTSMI testing – plug the numbers from the HERTSMI test into the HERTSMI scorecard and you can tell with reasonable certainty how much toxic mold is in that building.
No test is 100% accurate – and the mold test is only as good as the sample.
How to take a good sample
If you are going to do the swiffer sample -take dust from places where you seldom clean – over doors, over refrigerators, baseboard trim. Take dust from several different places so that you have a good amount of dust on the swiffer.
If you do the vacuum sample, follow the instructions on the sample kit. Only use this method if you have carpeting! You must order the kit from Mycometrics – phone – 732-355-9018
For more instructions on the HERTSMI please visit this page or contact Mycometrics directly.
How to test for mold in the body
Some doctors will test for mold in the blood or the urine and this is not a good way to see if you have been exposed to mold. Even urine mycotoxin testing is not always accurate or conclusive as some foods contain mold and can be detected in mycotoxin testing making this type of testing controversial.
I have seen doctors test for mold allergies and assume because a patient is not allergic to mold that they are not sick from mold. This could not be further from the truth.
The best tests to use to see if there has been a toxic mold exposure are some of the ones recommended by mold expert, Dr. Ritchie Shoemaker on his site, Surviving Mold – you can print out actual lab order sheets and normal ranges and a way to keep track of your own testing
The link from this page to Lab Tests – has more of a description of what some of the mold illness marker tests are. Some of the tests we use for markers are C4a, C3a, TGFBeta1, ADH, Cortisol
Natural treatments to heal from toxic mold exposure
Binders are really important. A lot of people in the mold community (doctors too) insist on Cholestyramine – that stuff is toxic.
Chlorella pyrenoidosa is the best KIND of chlorella for detoxing mold and metals – but you don’t have to worry about it harming if you still have amalgams – it’s the smart binder. It only binds to the bad stuff and not the good and it won’t pull mercury out of your amalgams. This links directly to the chlorella I get this Chlorella.
The thing that helped my husband and my daughter the most was Pure Encapsuations Cholestepure – it is an all natural phytosterol which is similar in structure to cholesterol.
Much like – cholestyramine – the prescription medicine many doctors are giving for toxic mold exposure – Cholesepure helps bind to the toxins and escort them out of the body.
There are many other things we did to get well — please visit: