Tag Archives: Hi Tech

Don’t Obsess About Mold

no moldAfter we remediated our home, and before we found Hi Tech, I was so sensitive to mold that I felt mold on a lot of things and in a lot of places. My face would burn and I would get sick to my stomach. I would feel brain fog and have no energy.

I would obsess about stopping mold from cross-contaminating my home because I was afraid we would get sick again… and I was afraid of losing our home again.

Papers, people, clothes and books were easily contaminated from moldy buildings and my skin would burn from the toxins on these items when they would come into my home. Sometimes I would stay sick for days or weeks before I would figure out we had brought in something moldy and once we found it I would put it onto the porch and clean obsessively.

Our remediation was expensive and we were not able to live in our home when it was being done… that took over 10 months. I was afraid our house would make me sick again if it ever got cross-contaminated we’d wind up homeless again.

These are some of the extreme things I would do before I got Hi Tech:

  • Everything was cleaned with 50/50 spray ammonia, including walls, ceilings, floors & stuff.
  • All mail went directly in Ziploc bags and stayed there until I could look at it outside
  • No cardboard, paper or books were allowed in the house, unless it was enclosed in plastic: plastic bags, plastic tubs, plastic tubs in plastic bags, some things would be in multiple bags & tubs because I would feel the toxins through the plastic.
  • Clothing, sheets and blankets went in space bags
  • I did not want people to visit who lived in moldy places (this included good friends and family) If people did come over and I was reacting to them, I had to clean the whole house and often times I was sick for days or weeks.  I would meet people outside the door instead of inviting them in to avoid cross-contamination
  • School work, book bags, shoes and other things that were suspected to be moldy had to stay on the porch.  If they wound up in the house (because kids need to do homework) it meant a lot of cleaning later.
  • I would ozone the kids bedrooms, while they were at school, then clean every surface with ammonia.
  • Appliances and Electronics had to be opened and cleaned with ammonia, regularly. The inside of TV’s and computers would hold onto dust and I would react to them.
  • Cleaning made me sick, so sometimes, when I could afford it, I would hire cleaning people who would agree to clean with ammonia and follow my strict cleaning rules.
  • Clothes were washed in 1-2 cups of ammonia
  • I had to go out with the dog for 2-4 hours a week to ozone the house
  • I had 5 an IQ Air, 2 Austin Air Healthmates, a Purifan, a propolis diffuser and an essential oil diffuser.  The HEPA filters made me feel worse when they were on, so I kept them in the closet.  The propolis diffuser would work on one room… so I kept it in my bedroom.

Since I started using Hi Tech to clean my indoor air… I don’t have to go to extremes to stay mold-free. I have one Hi Tech 101 for my 1,344 square foot home and I don’t get sick from stuff that comes into our home. The Hi Tech cleans air and surfaces. I don’t obsess about mold anymore because my Hi Tech takes care of any possible cross-contamination.

  • My life has gone back to normal
  • I don’t use ozone anymore
  • We have friends and family over whenever we want
  • I clean with all-natural cleaners – no more ammonia
  • We have books again
  • Mail gets put in a shoe box until it is dealt with
  • Important papers are in a file cabinet – no more Ziploc bags
  • Hi Tech quietly cleans the air 24/7
  • I change the filter every 3 months and the reactor pads and bulbs once a year

I’m so happy and grateful my Hi Tech makes it so I don’t obsess about mold anymore!

Anyone who is concerned that mold may be making them sick… contact me for support and advice.

We got well by getting away from the exposure and with natural supplements.

If you are sick and you are not concerned about mold, you should be.

I have talked to many professionals over the years who believe that 100% of heart disease and cancer are mold related. Mold causes thick blood which can cause many other issues… and mold suppresses the immune system, making it possible for the body to catch anything that is in the air.

Clean your air. Look into the Hi Tech air reactors. It’s a whole house portable air cleaning system based on the square footage of a home or building. There are payment plans if you need them. It’s a major purchase. I would say it’s the best investment I have ever made.

I have finally found something that is working to keep the air clean.

Love to you if you have struggled with toxic mold. I hate to see sickness and struggles with health… and you may be missing an important part of the picture.

Indoor Air Quality… or lack of it can make people and pets very, very sick. May you live a long and healthy life.

Share Button

What’s a Severe Reactor to Do?

A severe reactor is someone who has extreme symptoms from exposure to toxins. It usually happens after a poisoning of some kind. We had 234,000 spores of Stachybotrys (toxic black mold) per cubic meter in the house that poisoned me.

My tongue, throat and cheeks swell, I gain weight, throw up, have “the runs” and I get quite sick when exposed to mold. Everyone’s symptoms are different. Here is a list of symptoms toxic mold can cause.

KauaiI spent 3 months in Kauai last year and felt better than I have in 20 years.

When I came home, my house was making me sick. My husband did not follow my strict decontamination rules while I was gone and the damage was done. I gained 20 pounds in 10 days. Within 3 months, I was up 50 pounds and feeling like death warmed over.

I was sick, so I did a mold test. I think testing for indoor air quality should be step one when anyone gets sick and stays sick… or gets sick often. My HERTSMI score was 20… anything above 12 is too high. Plus, we had Stachybotrys show up on the test. 🙁

Here is a copy of the “before” test. This is an ERMI, but you can pull the 5 HERTSMI molds out and plug them into the HERTSMI scorecard.

I did not want to throw out all my stuff again and go back to being homeless… so I started seriously researching the Hi Tech air reactors. I had known about these for years… but did not feel a need for them because we had successfully remediated.

I met someone down in Kauai who was in indoor air quality with the Navy for 30 years. I asked him to take a look at the Hi Tech air reactors. After he talked with the owner of the company, he called me back and told me he was really excited about this technology.

That’s when I bought one for myself and one for my parents.

My parents had been sick for years… and getting sicker. I could not step foot in their house or I would get sick. So I KNEW it was mold that was making them sick. They are stubborn and would not do anything about it. My mother was so sick last year she talked about death constantly. It was hard to watch… and harder not to be able to go and help them.

My mom had quadruple bypass surgery in April and had been dizzy and falling down before AND after the surgery. Being dizzy is one of the symptoms of mold illness. I was worried for my parent’s health.

Hi Tech #101We put a #101 in our home and one in my parent’s home.

I am no longer sick in my home. I was feeling better within hours… a lot better within weeks. Continuing to feel well… I still have issues… I was sick for 20 years and cleaning up the air in my home is not going to solve all my problems. I know that.

12 weeks after I got the Hi Tech model #101, I retested with the same lab, vacuuming the same spots… except I also vacuumed some artwork I had brought in from the house that had made me very ill. The house that had made us sick with the high Stachybotrys counts.

The HERTSMI score went down to a 6. (anything below 12 is “safe”)
Here are the results of that “after” test.

I know, I know, not all of the numbers went down.  I can’t explain it except that it had been months since the last test and we brought in lots of stuff and people with mold… so numbers change.  Things get contaminated.  The point is MOST of the numbers went down significantly.  And I feel good here.

I don’t get sick over my parent’s house anymore. I waited 6 weeks before I tried going over there… I can visit. And I don’t get sick.

This severe reactor is surviving toxic mold.  And I would like to share the tool that is allowing me to do that with you.  Join us.

We had a conference call on Sunday, March 8th at 6:00pm to answer any questionsabout the Hi Tech air reactors. Or as some people have started to call them… “the machine.”

If you missed the Hi Tech Air Solutions conference call addressed to Mold Sensitive People on Sunday, March 8, 2015
I highly suggest to listen to the recording.
Playback number: (712) 775-7029
Meeting ID#: 452848126
Reference number: 1

Love to you all.

There was one thing I noticed during the call and if you listen to the recording, you may catch it.  Ray said he had people try to get a #101 and put it in a house that is 300 square feet and he would not allow that… he goes on to say you need the right machine for the right square footage.

He meant he would not let someone get a #101 for 3,000 square feet. He made a mistake there and said 300 square feet by accident.

The #101 is rated for up to 1,600 square feet and in smaller areas you could run it less. It would be the right machine for 300 square feet. Just wanted to make that clear!

I would love to hear your comments and questions on what Ray goes over in the call.

Great things are happening!

Share Button