My daughter had been suffering with allergies and asthma all of her life. We had been (unknowingly) living with mold all of her life too. We had no idea how much mold affected her breathing. When we got out of the mold and applied natural treatments her breathing improved so much she no longer needed asthma medication or allergy shots.
My daughter was on 5 medications and allergy shots once a week. She was still allergic to everything. She could barely blow into the yellow some days on a<strong> peak flow meter</strong>.
She had behavior issues too. I'm not going to go into details. Let's just say living together was difficult and it got better when we figured out mold was causing the anger.
Clean up toxins in air and on surfaces
While you are figuring out whether you are going to remediate or get Hi Tech – you should get out and take nothing with you if you are sick. See how you feel when you are out of the house for a few days or a week. If you get better — this confirms the house is making you sick.
You've got to stop the mold from making you sick. Do testing, dust or air… fix any water leaks, replace rotting or moldy materials. If things got wet – remove and replace is the safest way to go. If you are not sure where to start – seek advice from someone who has been through it!
To help my daughter with asthma – the first thing we addressed was the sinus infections she had been having. Dr. Klinghardt from Seattle, Washington did a Lyme conference where he shared a recipe he recommended for sinus infections from mold and antibiotic resistant bacteria. Dr. Ritchie Shoemaker calls this infection in the sinuses – MARCoNs which stands for: Multiple Antibiotic Resistant Coagulase Negative Staph.
I bought 4 neti pots and labeled them for each individual in our family. Make sure you clean the neti pots well in between uses and NEVER use tap water in a neti pot. Tap water can contain microbes, bacteria, chemicals and heavy metals that could make you feel worse!
Xylitol and baking soda are both anti-bacterial and anti-fungal. Sea salt is anti-bacterial and anti-microbial. We used this mixture 2-4 times a day for the first 6-8 weeks after leaving the moldy house. We slowed down when we started to feel better. After a while, I would add a drop of Nutribiotic Liquid Grapefruit Seed Extract to the neti-pot mixture, just to make sure we were getting all the mold out.
Note: Xylitol can be toxic to dogs
Additional Anti-fungals and Immune Support
We were doing everything we could do, naturally to rid ourselves of the mold.
When you are super sick – there is a horrible consequence of treatment called herxing – sometimes you get worse before you get better. A treatment can cause a die off that is mistaken for an allergy and people sometimes stop treatment because they think they are allergic to everything when actually, the treatment is working – and the reaction is a necessary step in healing – we used the Coca Pulse test to check for allergies
We got a nebulizer and tried natural anti-fungals and anti-antibacterials in the nebulizer – like baking soda, sea salt, colloidal silver (Argentyn 23) – we would go by how the treatment made us feel to see if it was working.
My daughter and husband took Cholestepure by Pure Formulas.
We were each taking 2-3,000mg of Vitamin C per day, 1,000mg with each meal to help boost the immune system.
I made a mixture with 5 cups coconut oil, 2 tsp vitamin D oil, 1/8 cup magnesium oil, 1/8 cup grapefruit seed extract and thieves oil enough to add a pleasant fragrance. We use that on our skin as a lotion. Coconut oil and grapefruit seed extract are antifungal and magnesium and vitamin D are needed for healing and immune function.
Later, I found out that grapefruit seed extract can be used in a nebulizer. Just put one drop in one ounce of saline solution and breathe the mixture in. This has helped many people with farmers lung and aspergiliosis which are both mold infections of the lungs. Many times, mucus in the lungs that causes pneumonia is assumed to be bacterial when it is actually fungal.
My daughter's coughing went away, she could play outside, jump in leaves and do things she had never done before. Her peak flow meter was finally reading in the green every day… even after playing outside, running around and playing with the cat or the dog.
We made one final visit to her asthma doctor. She passed the breathing tests with flying colors. After telling the doctor our story, he stated that some children just grow out of their allergies and he dismissed my daughter as a patient as she obviously did not need asthma medication any more.
I want to remind you that I am not a doctor or a licensed nutritionist. I am not offering medical advice, only telling you what we have tried and what worked for us. Nothing I have said here has been verified by double blind studies nor is it approved by the FDA. Important Disclaimer.